Life has a taste of orange – Sweet & sour.
If you love oranges & sweets just imagine a combo out of them! Tangy, sweet and full of zest.
Presenting Orange burfi made from my hometown oranges.
About my hometown: My home town is a small city named Bhanpura in Mandsore district. My father has a lot of farms back there which have mango, cheeku ,amla and orange trees. And it is a pleasure receiving delicious farm-fresh fruits every so often.
Orange burfi is very easy to make at home. This is a simple and quick burfi recipe. This sour and sweet burfi will tantalize your taste buds and all age group people will love to eat it and relish the wonderful combination of the sweet and sour taste.
RECIPE ADAPTED: FOOD CONNECTION
1&1/4 cup Milk powder
1/2 cup milk
1/4th cup sugar or according to your taste
1/4th cup desiccated coconut
1 cup orange pulp
orange food colour
- Mix milk powder, milk and ghee in a pan.
- Take out the orange pulp from oranges and keep aside.
- Cook milk powder mixture on low flame till all the mixture mix properly.
- Add sugar and orange pulp in a pan and cook on high to medium flame.
- Add orange food colour
- Add desiccated coconut in the mixture and cook till all the mixture comes together.
In the end, add one tsp ghee and switch off the flame.
- Set in a greased mould or a plate garnish with pistachio flakes. keep aside for one hour in the fridge.
- Demould the orange burfi. cut in square pieces. Orange burfi is ready.