Happiness is making Healthy Whole-wheat flour Beetroot Pastry for a valentine celebration.
This pastry is fluffy and moist and very easy and quick to prepare. It is a great way to get some veggies into your diet while still enjoying a sweet treat.
I love beetroot and try to use it in my recipes very often because of nutritional values and also a beautiful natural colour.
Everyone, who tasted it was surprised that such a delicious treat could be made from a vegetable many don’t like.
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp sugar powdered
200 grams condensed milk
1/4cup + 2 tbsp beetroot juice
1tsp vanilla essence
50 grams of butter, melted
1/4tsp lemon zest
1tsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and Cocoa powder & Sugar and sieve 2-3 times and keep aside.
- Combine the Milkmaid and beetroot juice in a bowl and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture gradually and keep stirring.
- Add lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add melted butter & oil and mix well.
- Stir until the mixture is of pouring consistency.
- Now add the vanilla essence and lightly stir again once.
- Grease the cake/cupcake mould and sprinkle little maida into it.
- Pour the batter into it and bake in a pre-heated oven in 20 to 25 minute.
- Remove and cool.
- Take a single cupcake and cut it into 3 parts resembling three layers
- Put some sugar syrup and whipped cream on the first layer, then put the second layer and repeat.
- Put the third layer on, putting cream and crumbled cake pieces on it.
- You can decorate it further with cupcake crumb and fondant toppers.
2 thoughts on “HEALTHY WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR BEETROOT PASTRY”
That looks delicious😊