‘Nice’ Biscuits is one of my favourite biscuit brands. These sugar-coated biscuits are an absolute delight. I finally tried a similar recipe at home and was ecstatic when I could create the same taste at home so easily with only four ingredients! And this is a healthy version, as usual, made with whole wheat and cane sugar.
Whole wheat flour 100g
Cane sugar 48g
Butter(room temperature) 50g
Desiccated Coconut 25g
Sugar crystals 1 tablespoon
2 tbsp Beetroot milk ( Beetroot mix with milk and grind like a milkshake )
- First, cream the butter and cane sugar until light and fluffy. Takes about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the wheat flour, desiccated coconut and beetroot Milk and form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Cover and keep the dough in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Roll out the dough between two parchment sheets to 1cm thickness.
- Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out the cookies.
- Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking tray and sprinkle sugar on the top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Cool them completely on a wire rack. Store them in an airtight container and it should stay good for ten days.
- Choose the baking time and temperature as per your oven.
- The cookies get baked quickly and have a tendency to get burnt so keep an eye on them.
- Do not over bake, once it starts to turn lightly brown along the edges. Take them out, they will be soft when hot but will harden on cooling.
- The important step here is the creaming process as that would give a good texture to the biscuits.
- I always bake my cookies or biscuits without baking powder so creaming is an essential step to get flaky, melt in mouth biscuits.