Heart-shaped saffron nan-khatai
Traditional Indian eggless cookies that are made with wheat flour, besan, sugar and ghee.
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup besan
2 tbsp suji
1/2 cup ghee
3/4 cup sugar
salt a pinch
1tsp baking powder
1tbsp saffron milk
1/2 tsp elaychi powder
- In a large bowl sieve maida, besan, suji, baking powder and powder sugar.
add salt and mix well.
- add ghee & saffron milk in the above dry ingredients and need for 3-4 minutes or till it forms a soft dough.
- Now add some elachai powder and mix well.
- Take a small portion of the dough & with the help of a cookie cutter make the desired shape.
- Garnish with chopped pista.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 180 ℃ for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before storing.