Instant grape pickle recipe, sweet, sour, spicy. An easy pickle that can be prepared under 15 minutes, a perfect side dish for curd rice or parantha or puri or as such too.
This pickle is sweet and sour in taste with some hints of chilli-flakes, black pepper and lovely aroma of fennel or ‘saunf ‘. It goes really well with North Indian cuisines.
Do try. you will surely love it.
Green grapes – 1 cup
Red chilli powder- 1/2 tsp
fresh red chilli one finely chopped
Turmeric – 1/8 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/8 tsp
Fenugreek seeds, roasted, powdered – A pinch
Salt – as needed
oil – 2 tsp
Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Wash, pat dry grapes and slit into two, mix salt. Heat a Kadai with oil, temper with mustard.
- Once it splutters, switch off the flame. Add red chilli powder, chopped.red chilli turmeric, fenugreek seed and asafoetida powders and stir.
- Add grapes and switch on the flame. fry for a minute. Instant grape pickle ready!
- Adjust red chilli powder’s quantity according to its spice level.
- Make sure before adding the powders, the oil is not too hot. Otherwise, the powders will get burnt and spoil the taste and flavour. Especially when it is iron Kadai or heavy-bottomed vessel.
- Cook the pickle such that the grape does not change its shape.
- You can do this even without slitting grape, by piercing the grape using a toothpick.