Thandai is synonymous to Holi and so instead of making the drink this time, you can surprise your friends and family with this delicious dessert. Here is how to make Blueberry Thandai Phirni.
This Thandai Phirni is a twist on the traditional Phirni recipe which is a rice pudding and making it very Holi-ish by adding some Thandai Masala Powder & crushed blueberry to it.
1 tsp Ghee
1 and 1/2 litre Full cream milk
3 tbsp long grain basmati rice
15-20 Saffron Soaked in 2 tbsp milk
3 tbsp Thandai masala powder
1/4 cup Sugar
1/ 2tbsp crushed blueberries
1/2 tbsp blueberries for decoration
- Wash the rice and soak in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and grind in a blender to make a coarse paste.
- Heat ghee in the heavy bottom pan. Add milk.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, simmer the heat.
- Add ground rice, thandai masala powder and saffron soaked in milk and cook on
- low heat till the milk is reduced to half and the phirni has thickened.
- Now add crushed blueberries.
- Keep in mind that phirni will thicken some more once cooled.
- Transfer the phirni in small bowl and chill in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with some coloured sugar and blueberries.