Sheera or Halwa, you might think that it is not your thing or it is not that cool looking dessert, right?
Well, Strawberry sooji sheera is an attempt to give a modern makeover of the traditional dessert. Traditionally people used to make sheera during spiritual occasion or festival but nowadays they are considered bit old fashioned.
Adding berries is a great way to elevate the nutrition value of this dessert. Berries have the greatest antioxidant content per serving compared to any other food except spices. Which may help us reducing blood cholesterol, good for your skin, protect against cancer and lot more see how.
Make this recipe especially for yourself or for your loved ones.
1 bowl fresh strawberries
1 cup semolina (Sooji)
3 tbsp ghee
2 cups of milk
Sugar- as needed
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
1/4 cup chopped cashews
1 cup chopped strawberries
- Puree fresh strawberries and keep aside.
- In a pan, toast semolina (sooji) for 5-10 mins on low flame and keep aside.
- Add ghee, toasted semolina in a pan and mix well.
- Add milk, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add strawberry puree, mix well and cook till it leaves the side.
- Add chopped almonds, pistachios, cashews, raisins, chopped strawberries and mix well.
- Garnish with some more dry fruits, whole fresh strawberries and serve.
- You may use frozen strawberries or strawberry compote to this recipe .