Today I am sharing the recipe of this vibrant beetroot salad which bursts with flavour. Soft beets teamed with fresh oranges, mint leaves, paneer and topped with a delicious simple dressing. This salad is a total winner!
Apart from having a beautiful pink colour, beetroot has numerous health benefits too. Beetroot is a rich source of antioxidant, lowers blood pressure and it’s almost fat-free. Beetroot is also high in fibre, iron and potassium. Beetroot is usually perceived as a boring vegetable but it can be used in so many different ways. Try it in soups, salads, cake, stews for not only its gorgeous colour but also sweet earthy taste.
segments of two oranges
1 Chopped Cucumber
1/2 cup pomegranate kernels
few mint leaves
Crumbs of paneer
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp orange juice
salt to taste
- Place beetroots in aluminium foil and drizzle some olive oil, salt and black pepper. Fold it up and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Once done, peel off the skin and cut in small dices.
- To serve, add diced beets on a plate and top with Cucumber, pomegranate, orange segments, mint leaves and paneer .
- For dressing, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour 2-3 tsp of dressing over the salad and serve.
- You can also throw in greens like baby spinach, lettuce and nuts for better texture.
- If you try this recipe, leave a comment or tag the photo #asthaskitchen on Instagram.