Aloo mathri is a delicious snack which can be served along with tea. It is a perfect snack to end a light hunger spank. It is tasty to eat and its crunchy texture is love by everyone.Adding potato gives it a taste, a twist. Do try out.
1 Cup potato ( boiled and grated )
All purpose flour 1 cup
Semolina 1/2 cup
Wheat flour 1/3 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Chilli flakes 1tsp
carom seeds 1 tsp
White Seasme seeds 1tsp
Oil for frying
- Boil some potatos and keep them for cooling down completely.
- Grate the boiled potatoes.
- In a bowl, take some seived all purpose flour ,semolina, whole wheat flour .
- Add salt, chilli flakes, carom seeds(crushed by hand), seasme seeds and some oil in it.
- Then put boiled and grated potatos in this mjxture and bind together to form dough .
- Add little water to make the dough smooth and hard.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for 15 mins.
- Knead the dough into a log and divide into 3-4 dough balls.
- Flatten the dough balls(like a chapatti)until it is thin.
- Use a cookie cutter to get the mathri in whatever shape you want(I used heart shape, duh.)
- Prick both sides, and then fry them in medium hot oil.
- Fry them till they are golden brown and crisp.Store only after you cool them completely.