Tutti Fruity is used in making cakes, bread, sweets, desserts. Today we are making colourful Tutti Fruity with leftover Watermelon Rind. This is a very simple and useful recipe.
Watermelon rind finely chopped 2 cup
1/2 cup sugar
Food colours Red, yellow, blue
- Remove the green and red part of the watermelon rind. Cut in small pieces the watermelon rind with a knife.
- Boil water and add watermelon rind pieces in boiling water and boil for 5 minutes on high flame.
- Sieve the boiled rind pieces.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar in a saucepan. Melt sugar and add boiled watermelon rind pieces. Boil for 4,5 minutes on high flame. Switch of the flame.
- Divide the sugar boiled watermelon among three bowls with sugar syrup. Mix red, blue, yellow food colour respectively.
- Keep aside for 2,3 hours. After 3 hours, sieve and spread on a sieve or a cotton cloth. Sundry for a day.
- Wow! Colourful homemade Tutti Frutti is ready now. Store in a box and keep in the fridge .
- Do not throw this leftover sugar syrup, use in making summer drinks or desserts.