Watermelon is one of my favourite fruits, especially in the warmer summer months. Today I’m sharing a fun and easy summer snack: chilli watermelon fries! All you do is toss cut watermelon with chilli powder, chaat masala& lime. It may seem odd at first, but trust me – it’s a yummy savoury and sweet combination!
They will definitely grab your guests attention.
These Watermelon Fries with Hung curd Lime Dip are a great Healthy Summer Snack that’s perfect for the whole family.
Serving watermelon dippers in the shape of a french fry is a fun idea in itself.
Honestly, my daughters were really amazed by the idea.
1 watermelon rind removed and cut into long fry-like shapes
1 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 cup yoghurt ( hung curd )
Some lemon zest
1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- Wash the watermelon and place on a flat surface. Use a large sharp knife to slice lengthwise. You could also cut it in half and flip it over with cut side down and then cut or slice them lengthwise about 1 inch thick.
- Take one of the watermelon slices one at a time and place on a cutting board to start trimming off the edges.
- Toss the edges of the watermelon and then cut them lengthwise again and keep them more on the thin size to what you think watermelon fries should look like. This will be a personal preference for the size of the fries.
- In a bowl, combine yoghurt, lime juice and zest and sugar. Set aside.
- On a plate, scatter watermelon fries and sprinkle Chaat masala and chilli powder.
Serve with dip and enjoy!
- Place on a plate for serving with some lime wedges to sprinkle over the fries and for garnishing.
So now, tell me –
Would you make these watermelon fries with hung curd lime dip?
Leave me a comment below with your thoughts!