WaterMelon Halwa is an amazing recipe that would definitely delight your tastebuds. Summer is here and watermelons are in the market. This summer tries out a different recipe from watermelon, other than juicing.
The white portion of the melon is nutritious but lacks taste so we often discard it. But this #halva recipe is extremely easy & uses the rind to make a mouth-watering halwa in no time. It’s colour and taste both will blow your mind.
Recipe adapted by CHEF KUNAL KAPOOR https://www.chefkunalkapur.com/
Watermelon Rind – 3 large wedges
Ghee – 2-3tbsp
Suji (semolina) – 1tbsp
Besan (gram flour) – 1 tbsp
Sugar – ½ cup
Cardamom powder – ½tsp
Nutmeg Powder – a pinch
Milk – 1cup
Almonds & Pista – Handful
- Peel the outer thick green layer of the watermelon using a peeler.
- Then again peel another layer just beneath the green layer.
- Roughly chop the rind and add it to a grinder and make into a paste without using any water.
- Heat a pan and melt ghee.
- Add suji, besan and cook on low flame till they brown.
- Add the melon rind puree and cook it till it thickens up.
- This should take 15-20mins. Add sugar and cook again for 10mins approx.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and milk.
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then remove from heat, garnish with almonds & pista and serve hot.
3 thoughts on “WATERMELON HALWA”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Following kunal kapoor even I tried this recipe. But one variation is that I grated the white rind instead of grinding. I also tried making tutti frutti using the white rind. Both recipes came out well