Watermelon slush or a homemade melon sorbet is an iced drink (slush)is extremely easy to prepare. It is brilliant for summers and can be made with a variety of fruit juices.
An insanely delicious recipe for a homemade healthy Watermelon Slush that surpasses all kids requirements: sweet, colourful, refreshing and fun!
When I get bored with eating simple watermelon I decided to experiment and use it for a watermelon mojito and a watermelon salad.
Today, I am sharing with you yet another watermelon recipe: Watermelon Slush: a treat for gola lovers and watermelon junkies!
Mint leaves – a handful
Sugar(optional) – 2 tbsp
Lemon juice – 4 tbsp
- Grind together watermelon, mint and sugar. Do not worry to remove the seeds at this stage.
- Remove and strain the watermelon juice into a tray. Using a spoon press against the sieve to squeeze out all the pulp.
- Add lemon juice to this, stir and deep freeze it till completely frozen.
- Take it out and using a fork start scrapping the iced watermelon juice.
Collect the ice shavings in an ice cream cup and serve as a sorbet or an iced dessert.
- You can also break the iced melon into pieces and put it in a mixer grinder and grind it to a smooth slush. Pour into a glass and enjoy.