Kairi ki Sabzi is a quintessential complement that must be surely made during the summer. Flavoured with chilli and exotic spices such as heeng, Sarson, zeera, methi, kalonji, saunf, a spoonful Kairi Aur Mirch ki Sabzi can perk any and every meal.
This dish is literally my favourite, whenever I don’t feel like eating anything else, Kairi ki sabzi is the rescue.
Enjoy delicious raw mango dusted with spices and cooked to its best.
2 Raw Mangoes peeled and chopped
5-6 Green chilli Slit into half
1 tsp Vegetable oil
1 onion finely chopped
1/4 tsp Heeng
1/ 4 Sarson / Mustard Seeds
1 /4Zeera / Cumin seeds
1/4 tsp Methi / Fenugreek seed Crushed
1/4 tsp Kalonji / Onion seed
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp jaggery
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add heeng, Sarson, zeera, methi, kalonji and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add Onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add raw mangoes and green chilli and cook for a minute.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, until raw mangoes are softened.
- add jaggery and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat.