I have an elegant looking dessert idea for you today. This creamy and scrumptious, caramel phirni makes a great dessert, served in individual glasses. So if you are looking for a simple treat with a super delicious twist, I’ve got you covered.
Phirni is an absolutely delicious traditional creamy Indian dessert, prepared with rice flour or ground rice, milk and sugar and set in a small earthen pot, garnished with nuts, edible silver leaf and rose petals.
The fruits and caramel give it a western taste and make it even more tempting to taste.
If your taste buds are demanding a seasonal twist, check out my THANDAI PHIRNI
BLUEBERRY THANDAI PHIRNI ROSE PHIRNI / GULAB PHIRNI MANGO PHIRNI Mango Phirni
30 g Ground rice
400 ml Milk
100 ml Single cream
100-125 g Sugar – I used regular sugar
2 tbsp. Pistachio slivers
Optional – Fresh fruit like berries, mango or grapes
- Put milk and half cream in a thick bottom saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix in ground rice and stir continuously. Keep string while bringing to the boil.
- Meanwhile, in another non-stick pan, add sugar and couple of spoon of water over medium heat.
- Allow the sugar to dissolve and bring it to boil.
- Let the mixture caramelize and wait for it turns to dark brown.
- Do not stir, just swirl the pan.
- As soon as caramel dark in colour, remove it from the heat.
- Carefully pour the caramel mixture into rice and milk mixture, be careful as this mixture will bubble violently.
- Keep whisking constantly, and simmer until any lumps have dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- By now phirni mixture will be creamy and thick.
- Turn off the heat, let the mixture cool at room temperature.
- Once cooled, set the phirni in an individual serving glass, and let it cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, whip a remaining cream, pour on the cooled phirni and garnish with the pistachio slivers and mangoes.
- Don’t want to make your own caramel? Use shop-bought instead.
One thought on “CARAMEL PHIRNI WITH MANGO”
[…] MANGO PANEER KHEER MANGO STRAWBERRY MARTINI CARAMEL PHIRNI WITH MANGO Mango Pastry | Eggless Mango […]