Homemade Tapioca Pudding is a simple, creamy, delicious, and timeless dessert.
In Indian desi term rose sabudana kheer presented in an innovative way.
Colourful, festive and easy to whip for a delicious dessert especially on fast days.
A simple and tasty pudding made with tapioca pearls, seasoned with rose petals and pista A delicacy that goes well for any traditional occasion and fasting days.
I used here premium quality sabudana by Royal Ratan in this recipe. The amazing quality just enhanced the taste of the cutlets and made my innovation a success.
¼ cup small tapioca pearls
⅔ cup milk, or milk
⅓ cup cream,
A pinch of salt
1 tsp rose syrup
1 tbsp sugar
pink colour 2-3 drops (optional)
- Soak the sabudana in about 3/4 cup of water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Bring the milk to a boil occasionally stirring in between. Simmer and let it reduce by 25%.
- Add in the soaked sabudana and cook till the mixture turns thick. This may take about 15 minutes.
- Add rose syrup and sugar. Cook for another 5 minutes on low heat.
- Take the mixture off the heat and let it come to room temperature.
- Mix in the cream and chill for 4 to 5 hours.
- For serving, garnish with a some-more rose petals and slivered nuts.
- Take care while adding water to soak sago…this is very important step….if you add more water then it will become mushy.
- After adding sago it thickens so adjust the consistency accordingly. It thickens with time.
- Adjust the consistency of the pudding according to your liking.