Quick, easy and super delicious Grilled Pineapple and corn salad made with Mexican dressing.
Fresh in season, sweet pineapple slices are grilled and tossed grid together with soft chickpeas, corn, pomegranate, onion and cucumber with a lot of coriander in a delicious dressing. Chickpeas make this salad hearty and pack a good amount of protein in the salad.
The dressing is made with all of the favourite Mexican ingredients like Mexican seasoning, cumin powder, chilli powder and a lot of lemon juice. This salad is sweet, spicy and tangy all at the same time. It’s really refreshing and you will just keep going for more and more.
It’s simple, customizable and comes together quickly. So so delicious!
1 whole Fresh Pineapple
1/2 cup Boiled Chickpeas
1 large cucumber- diced
1 medium onion- thinly sliced
1/2 cup cooked corn
1/4th cup pomegranate aerials
1/4th cup chopped fresh cilantro/coriander
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp Mexican seasoning
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste (1/2 – 1 tsp)
- Start by cleaning the pineapple and removing the thorns (I recommend you get it done from the vendor you buy it from).
- Cut pineapple into slightly thicker slices and place on the grill once it’s hot.
- Make sure to keep the grill adjusted on high heat.( In case you don’t have an electric grill/panini maker, you can caramelize pineapple on a non-stick pan or a grill pan on high heat) even I use a grill pan for this.
- Once the pineapple is charred, take off the heat and let it cool. Cut into chunks and keep aside. (Don’t overcook the pineapple and make it all soggy)
- To prepare the dressing, add all the ingredients in a small air-tight container and give a good mix. Taste and adjust the flavours if required. (Salt is really important in this salad so ensure to add enough salt.)
- Next, assemble the salad. Add pineapple chunks, chickpeas, pom, corn, cucumber, onion and fresh coriander in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing and toss everything together.
- Chill for half an hour and then serve.