A fusion dessert that is quick and easy to make and you will need just 4 ingredients to make it. It takes only 10 minutes to cook. Setting and chilling time of 3-4 hrs
Mango Kalakand served with biscuit tarts made with Britania Marie gold biscuit.
Instant Mango Kalakand served in tarts with any cookies or digestive biscuits with a secret ingredient to perk up the taste.. You can call it No-Bake Indian Cheesecake (though it needs some cooking) as this yummy kalakand is made with Indian Cottage Cheese, Mango Puree & White Chocolate.
For Tart base
12 Britania Marie gold biscuit
4-5 tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Salt when using unsalted butter
For Mango Kalakand
1/2 cup Condensed Milk
1/2 Cup Fresh Homemade Paneer
1/2 cup Mango Puree
2 tbsp White Chocolate
1 tsp Thandai Powder (optional)
Finely chopped Pistachios or Almonds
1 tsp Ghee or Butter
To make Tarts base
- In a food processor, grind biscuits coarsely.
- Melt butter, add to biscuits and pulse again till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Press the mixture in tart shells. Keep in the refrigerator to chill, till the base is set.
- To make Mango Kalakand
- In a non-stick pan, add a tsp of ghee, condensed milk, paneer and thandai powder.
- Mix well and start cooking the mixture on low flame. Keep stirring the mixture.
- When the mixture starts to thicken. switch off the flame.
- Add white chocolate chips, mix well, till it melts.
- Keep aside the mixture to cool.
- Then add mango puree and mix well.
- Transfer to the tart shells and chill 4-5 hrs or till serving,
- Garnish with finely chopped pistachios or almonds.
- If using store-bought Paneer/Indian Cottage Cheese, soften it a bit in lukewarm water if it is hard and crumble it finely.
- When using fresh mango puree, add sugar accordingly(1-2 tbsp or as required).