Sattu hearts made with the roasted chana dal flour are highly nutritious and healthy apart from being the absolute tasty sweet treat they are!
These healthy peda/ hearts need just 4-5 ingredients and 10 mins of your time to make and do not require any expert skills if you happen to be a beginner.
Sattu flour(i.e. Chickpea flour or Bengal gram flour is very new to me, I have literally never used it in a recipe. Every year one of my relatives send sattu for the kids and they relish it, so I decided to try it out myself this time.
In this recipe, I use ghee from amrutumindia https://www.amrutamindia.com/ magic element that made my sattu hearts amazing.
Sattu flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Cardamom – 4
Cashew nuts – 10
Almonds or badam – 10
- In a mixie jar, grind both sugar and cardamom to a fine powder.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp ghee, roast chopped cashew nuts and almonds to a golden brown, drain into a bowl and keep aside.
- Add the remaining ghee and let it melt. Reduce the flame completely.
- Add sattu flour and cook for 2-3 mins stirring continuously with a spatula.
- Take the pan off the stove and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Add powdered sugar, roasted nuts to sattu mixture and mix to combine well a slight rub with your hands.
- After some time the mixture becomes very light; this is the right time to make hearts out of the dough
- Take a small portion, the size of a golf ball and roll between your palms and make hearts using a cookie cutter to make Sattu hearts.
- Decorate with Kesar tika and dry fruits.
- Arrange on a plate one next to the other.
- Sattu hearts is ready to serve.