Aloo bukhara chutney – I love all kinds of slightly tart fruits whether they are oranges, kiwis or beautiful Plums .
I love experimenting with fruits and often make jam,chutney and stir fries.
I have made this plum/ aloo bukhara ki chutney slightly chunky but you can also mash it completely and use as a jam for breads etc.
Quantity of jaggery can also be adjusted as per your taste.so do try this plum chutney and enjoy with bread ,poori or any fried snack of your choice ,also goes very well as a side dish with your meal.
6 Plum/aloo bukhara
Juice of one lemon
2 green chillies finely chopped
1.5 tbsp Ginger / Adrak grated
1/4 cup jaggery
1.5 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
To taste Salt / Namak
1 tbsp Cooking Oil
1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
2 Cloves / Lavang
2 tbsp dates deseeded & finelly chopped
- wash and chop plums into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds .
- When cumin start to crackle then add cloves and ginger and give a stir.
- Add chopped green chillies, plums, jaggery, chili flakes, 2 tbsp water and salt.
- Mix well and cover the pan with a lid and cook on low heat.
- When fruit pieces become soft then slightly mash it with the ladle and add the Dates & lime juice .
- Simmer till it reach the desired consistency.(it will thicken further till it cool down)
- Let it cool down completely then store in a glass jar and keep refrigerated after 2-3 days
1.you can the chutney smooth or keep it chunky as per your preference.
2.Can add 2 tbsp of water if needed.
3.Can use Raw mango or tamarind pulp instead of lemon juice.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Like, share and spread your love