It is very easy recipe using beetroot, milkpowder and nuts, coconut ,sugar. These modaks make a great treat to sharw with family and friends .
Traditionally Modaks are made with rice flour and coconut filling. But now a days different varieties of Modaks are being popular among people. So I made this special Beetroot Modak. It’s really very easy and scrumptious Modaks.
- 1 tsp ghee / clarified butter
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tbsp beetroot puree
- 1½ cup milk powder
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- oil, for greasing mould
- 2 tbsp cashew / kaju, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond / badam, chopped
- Firstly, in a kadai heat 1 tsp ghee and add ½ cup milk.also..
- Add 3 tbsp beetroot puree.stir well making sure everything well combined..
- Now add 1½ cup milk powder keeping the flame on low, stir continuously. the mixture starts to thicken.
- After 13 minutes, the mixture starts to separate from the pan.
- Keep mixing until it forms a lump. finally, instant beetroot mawa is ready. transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool slightly.
- Now add ½ cup powdered sugar, ½ tsp cardamom powder and mix well.
- Form a non-sticky dough by combining well.
- Grease the modak mould with ghee to prevent from sticking.
- Stuff the mawa mixture into the mould. Also, place 1 tsp of dry fruit mixture in the centre.
- Close tightly and scrape off excess mixture.
- Unmould the modak gently without breaking finally, Modak is ready to be served.
- Firstly, in place of instant mawa you can also use store brought mawa.
- Additionally, stuffing dry fruits in between gives a crunchy bite to modak.
- Also, cook on low flame to prevent from burning.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love