Coconut is such a versatile flavor and can be used in savory or sweet dishes. This simple and easy coconut cake recipe makes a delicious cake using desiccated coconut from scratch that you can whip in five minutes.
Rich and spongy cake recipe made with desiccated coconut and plain flour. it is an ideal dessert cake recipe which can be made and served for celebrations or occasions. it is very easy and simple cake to make without any fuss and can be stored and preserved for couple days.
I used whole wheat flour here, you can use all purpose flour ( maida ) too.
Whole wheat flour 1 & 1/4 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1/2 tsp
Butter 1/2 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup (take ¾ cup granulated sugar and the powder
Desiccated coconut 3/4 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Curd 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract 1/2 tsp
Handful of desiccated coconut for garnishing the cake
1 cup whipped cream
Cherries and sprinkles for garnishing the cake
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C and prepare the baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix 1 ¼ cup flour, 1 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda
- . In another bowl take ½ cup butter. Add ¾ cup sugar (powdered after measuring) to it and cream the two using a wooden spoon. Add ½ cup curd and cream the butter, sugar and curd. add ½ tsp vanilla extract and ½ cup milk and mix.
- Add the flour mix to the wet mixture.
- Add ¾ cup of coconut. Fold it in gently.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan. Level it and pat it twice. Put some tutti fruity and almonds.(optional)
- Bake at 180⁰C (160⁰C in case of fan oven or convection oven) for 40-45 minutes or till the cake is done.
- Once it is baked, take it out, cool, de mould, cool completely .
- Now cover with whipped cream and then
- Garnish with coconut and cherries and serve or eat .