Makhana ladoo is a quick and delicious ladoo made with phool makhana,nuts and whole wheat flour.
Phool makhana is a great source of protein, carbohydrates etc. so very healthy for growing kids.
I have a packet of makhana at my home always, so what’s the harm in mixing it up to create a delicious dish?
Makhana ladoo recipe a healthy ladoo made with phool makhana, nuts, whole wheat flour and sugar .
- 2 and 1/2 cups phool makhana
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp goond edible (gum) (powdered)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Add 2 tsp ghee, dry roast makhana till crisp.Break and check if its crisp.Powder it coarsely and set aside.
- In the same pan Add almonds and cashews.Roast till brown spots appear.
- Keep them aside and allow to cool down to room temperature and then grind into a coarse powder.
- Roast the Whole Wheat Flour (Gehu Ka Aata) with ghee over very low flame for 25 – 30 minutes stirring it continuously till it gets a nice golden brown color and you can sense a nice aroma of roasted flour coming out of the pan. (Remember after 20 minutes flour (aata) will have a tendency to get burn so be careful and don’t over roast it).
- Sprinkle powdered goond over roasting atta 1 tsp at a time when roasting is completed properly
- Saute the flour for next 2-3 minutes.
- When roasting is completed properly
- Add all the nuts and Makhana powder mix well.
- Switch off the heat and let the mixture come to room temperature, then add powdered sugar and mix very well. (You don’t add the powdered sugar when the mixture is hot otherwise heat will cause sugar to melt and caramelize and that will spoil the texture of laddoo).
- Grease your hands with a little Clarified Butter (Ghee) and start binding the ladoo.
- Do not cool down the flour completely, keep it a little warm, it will help in binding the Ladoo easily.
- Bind all the ladoo in the same way and keep them in a plate.