Presenting to you is a special dessert for Navratri
.Whether Fasting or not, this dessert(Vrat ka Fruit Custard) should not be compromised. Even when fasting, here’s an innovative dish to keep it going and yet give you all the lovely flavors of our beloved dessert: Custard.
Do try it and let me know how you loked it.
Recipe inspired by : Chef Ranveer brar
- 1 ltr Milk
- 80 ml Milk
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sabudana
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2-4 tbsp Saffron Water
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ Apple – diced (सेब)
- ½ Banana – diced (केला)
- ¼ cup -pomegranate pearls
- 1 orange
- few Pomegranate Pearls
- Silver Warq (optional)
- Firstly in a bowl mix 80 ml milk and powdered sabudana properly and keep aside for further use.
- Now in a kadai add milk and heat it up as soon as it’s hot add vanilla essence, saffron water then milk & sabudana mixture and cook it properly until it is thick.
- Then with a hand blender blend it properly until smooth.
- Now continue cooking for 2 minutes then add sugar and cook for 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Take a strainer and strain this mixture properly in a bowl add the butter and keep aside to cool down properly. ( You can skip straining process, if you want some texture in your custard )
- Meanwhile in a serving bowl add apple, banana, pomegranate, Orange then the prepared custard on it fruit.
- Spread some desicatted coconut on a plate, add 2 drops of red colour and mix it . Slightly wet the rim of the serving glass with milk then swirl the rim of the glass on the coconut powder . Now pour the fruit custard and serve immediately.
- Garnish with pomegranate pearls, silver warq and serve chilled.
- you may use any fruits of your choice .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen.
I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Astha’s Kitchen on Facebook Astha’s Kitchen on Instagram
Like, share and spread your love