Combo of peas with Paneer (matar-paneer) is one of our favorite dish in meals. This time I used the same combo for snacks to relish with tea or coffee in winters in nutritious manner.
This classic combination of paneer and peas is loved by all. Instead of the regular peas-paneer gravy, make these succulent protein, fibre and calcium rich tikkis for a change. Kids can eat them easily and will love the crisp taste of these tikkis when served hot with tomato ketchup.
Here up on the blog today is my very favourite hari matar aur paneer ke kabab. Often I get confused whether what next should I be trying in my kitchen that satisfies us all with taste as well as texture. And to be honest when I think of some new recipe, the flavor of that recipe instantly flashes my mind.
Not just the flavor but the texture and color too. Like the texture of paneer matar kabab is crisp and brown but inside it is all creamy, moist and soft with wild flavors of ingredients used.
As it is the season of peas, I focused more on what extra can I dedicate to the peas and the peas lovers. Furthermore, there is another convenient option for you if you get no fresh peas in your region or area. You may simply grab the frozen peas packs available in the grocery stores and relish over your paneer matar kabab without any delay.
- 1/4 cup boiled green peas
- 1/2 cup grated paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/4 cup boiled , peeled and mashed potatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste to taste
- 1/4 cup milk for coating
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats for coating
- 1 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 7 equal portions and make heart shape using cookie cutter. You can make any shape of your choice .
- Dip each tikki in milk and then roll them in the oats till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using ? tsp of oil.
- Cook each tikki on a medium flame, using ? tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the both sides.
- Serve warm with tomato ketchup.