Little pillows of deliciousness Coconut and Cardamom Wholewheat Cookies
are just to die for and comes with a caution’ these are dangerously
Easy Coconut and cardamom wholewheat cookies which are eggless and loaded with delicate flavours. They are addictive:)
These eggless, crunchy and crispy coconut cookies can be prepared with basic ingredients which are so easily available in our kitchen. Nutty coconut, sweet and lovely delicate flavours from aromatic cardamom lend a unique taste and aroma to these cookies. Definitely, these are perfect for special occasions to indulge in
- 125gm whole wheat flour – I used chapatti flour
- 110gm unsalted butter
- 100gm regular granulated sugar
- 25gm desiccated coconut
- Pinch cardamom Powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. tiny cashew pieces
- 2 Tbsp milk if needed
- Preheat the oven To180 C.
- In a big bowl or food processor whisk butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and whisk again.
- Now add flour, coconut and cashew pieces if using ( Leave a one tablespoon coconut aside to roll the cookies)
- Mix everything well and knead the dough ( it should be like a chapatti dough) if needed add milk and knead the dough.
- Cover the dough with the clingfilm and rest in the refrigerator for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the dough and knead it again for a couple of minutes.
- Divide the dough into small equal sizes and roll into balls, or made your fav shape using cookie cutter .
- Roll them into the coconut, If you want you can press the cookie balls with your thumb and make slightly flat.
- I am adding some colour sugar with coconut .
- Line them on a baking tray and bake them for 18-20 minutes or until bottom parts of the cookie gets slightly golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and leave it to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cuppa or store in an airtight container.