Looking for the perfect bite-sized guilt free snacks to celebrate your holiday party?Here is one such recipe you will love to try.
A very healthy and delicious kababs made with kala Chana ( Bengal gram or Black chick peas) plus Spinach and paneer .
it is a complete blend of protein and fiber and hence guilt free .
- 2 cups boiled and drained Kala Chana ( Black Gram)
- 2 cups packed Spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup grated low fat paneer ( indian cottage cheese)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1-2 green chilli
- 2 tbsp of besan ( gram flour)
- salt to taste
- red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
- 4 tsp oil for cooking them.
- Wash and roughly chop the spinach leaves. Boil them in water for 5 minutes and the drain them using strainer. Place the strainer under running water and in this way Spinach will get blanched. it will reduce to near about 1/4 cup. Also don’t throw the water. you can use it in kneading dough, or in soup or in daal too.
- In a food processor put kala Chana, ginger,garlic,green chili and pulse until combined but still coarse.( you don’t have to make a paste.)
- Add flour, onions , lime juice all the spices and mix well. Squeeze out the spinach and add as well. Mix everything well. Now roll this mixture into balls. If you feel that the mixture is too sticky add some more flour and grease you hand a little bit.
- Roll dough into lemon sized balls and gently flatten them to make a patty.
- Place patties on a non stick pan. Brush each patty with little oil , flip them over and brush on other side
- cook on both sides for 15 minutes, then flip them over and roast for another 15 minutes, until golden crisp on both sides.
- Serve it to your family and let them enjoy this delightful healthy meal loaded with taste and nutrition.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!Like, share and spread your love