Gur ki roti also known as jaggery roti or meethi roti is an easy to prepare tasty roti variety. Basically these are small and slightly thick flatbreads made with jaggery and whole wheat flour.
The use of both jaggery and til makes the Til Gur ki Roti an iron-rich treat that helps improve your haemoglobin levels and keeps you active and attentive all the time.
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped jaggery (gur)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 2 tablespoon desiccated coconut – optional
- 1 tsp melted ghee
- a pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tsp melted ghee for brushing
- Combine the jaggery with 2 tbsp of water in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame till the jaggery dissolves. Cool completely.
- Combine the wheat flour, melted jaggery, ghee, sesame seeds and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6″) diameter circle.Make heart shape using cookie cutter .
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti on a medium flame till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Brush each roti with ¼ tsp of ghee and serve hot.
- Serve gur ki roti plain or with curd or white butter.