A vibrantly pink, slightly sweet and deliciously healthy beet hummus, very easily made by placing all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
It keeps for about a week in the fridge, making it the perfect weekday lunch solution or take-along snack.
Hummus is one such dip, that I make very often at home .It is healthy, easy to make and tastes delicious, what else do you need from a dip, right? And with the addition of my favourite ingredient-beetroot it has not just a nicer color, but a better taste too.
- 2 cups of chickpeas, boiled
- 1 beetroot, peeled roasted
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup of olive oil, plus extra for topping
- 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp of curd
- 1 tsp of cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- to taste salt
- coriander leaves(for garnishing)
- Oil and roast the beetroot on the stove or in an oven for 10 minutes. Let it cool. Then chop it into smaller pieces.
- In a pan, roast the sesame seeds until aromatic. Allow to cool and then ground into a powder.
- In a food processer or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
- the beetroot, sesame powder, curd, olive oil, cumin powder and salt, and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil and fresh coriander leaves on top. Serve with veggies, pita and lavash.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love