As spring nears, every Indian household gears up to celebrate the most colorful festival of the year – Holi! With festivities in full swing, you can feel the energy and enthusiasm in the air.
Talking about delicacies, today I am sharing with you a drool-worthy gujiya recipe that is a must-have on Holi.
I love to create fusion recipes , So in gujiya I added paan and gulkand and made them in my favorite heart shape.
Crispy and flaky traditional Gujiya recipe is rich and delicious. Packed with the goodness of desiccated coconut and dry nuts, its a perfect sweet for any Indian festival.
- ¾ cup dry coconut / kopra / desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds / khus khus
- 5 cashews (chopped)
- 10 rasins (chopped)
- 5 almonds (chopped)
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 3,4 Paan (betal) leaves chopped
- 2,3 drop green colour( optional)
- 1 tbsp gulkand
- 1 cup maida / all-purpose flour / plain flour
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee (hot)
- ½ cup warm milk (or as required to knead dough)
- 1 tbsp thandai masala
GUJIA DOUGH RECIPE :
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take maida and salt to taste & thandai masala.
- further pour very hot ghee over maida.
- now rub and crumble the dough well between your hands.
- furthermore, add milk and knead the dough.
- further, cover with a moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
GUJIA STUFFING RECIPE:
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take dry coconut
- further add powdered sugar and poppy seeds
- further add chopped dry fruits & Paan leaves.
- then add cardamom powder and gulkand and mix well.
- finally, the stuffing is ready to prepare karanji. keep aside.
- now pinch a small ball sized dough and roll it to a ball.
- further, roll to a slightly thick puris and cut to a round shape.
- .Like a blanket place this rolled out dough over the mould
- Fill the gujiya mixture at the base. Apply water along the edges.
- put another puri the top and firmly press the mould- seal the edges.
- Using a knife trim off the excess dough and mix it with rest of the dough.
- Perfectly shaped gujiya in a mold. This is how the finished gujiya looks like.
- All the gujiyas should be sealed properly or they will open up during frying, leaving a mess.
- Gujiyas are ready for an oil bath.
- furthermore, deep fry the gujiyas till they turn golden brown.
- finally, drain over the kitchen towel and serve.