Cucumber Chaas or Buttermilk is a refreshing indian cooler especially made during summers for its cooling effects. Buttermilk or chaas or , whatever you call it, has many variations in different parts of India, and this is from one such experiment. I love cucumber, i love chaas, and it gives a ‘ what an idea sirjee ‘ effect when i can have a combination of the two. This is one amazing chatakdaar drink you would make pretty often once you have tried it if you are a chaas fan.
This cucumber chaas is quick and easy to make and is ideal to cool down your body and soul in no time. It can also be a unique addition to the list of beverages you arrange for your next house party.
- Curd/Yogurt – 3/4 cup
- Water – 2 1/2 cups
- Cucumber – 1 big – cubed – approx 1.5 cup chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Green chillis – 1/2 of a small one (Do not add more than that)
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves – 2 twigs
- Grated ginger – to garnish
- Blend together the curd and water in a blender adding salt to taste.
- You may use buttermilk if you have.
- Now add the cucumber to the blender with about 1 cup of buttermilk (just made). Pop in the green chillies and cilantro.
- Blend until smooth and mix with the remaining buttermilk.
- Serve chilled with cilantro and grated ginger.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love