This fruit custard with jelly | layered jelly and custard is a delicious dessert, that is so easy to whip up and requires no fancy ingredients! This jelly custard recipe is a simple, eggless, fuss-free preparation, and one elegant looking dessert. If you are in no mood to make a lavish and time-consuming sweet treat for your guests, Try this!! It will not let you down!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp custard powder, vanilla flavor, or any other flavor of your choice
- 3 tbsp sugar or as per desired sweetness
- 1 Jelly dessert packet
- 1.5 cups of chopped strawberries ( You may use assorted fruits, berries, grapes & kiwis)
- Prepare Jelly as per package instructions. Keep it aside to set.
- Once it is lukewarm, pour about 1/4 cup in serving glasses or bowl. Add some strawberries .
- Keep the glasses slantingly in a muffin tray or use any bowl.
- I kept in a rice full plate for the cross jelly look. It’s totally optional.Leave it to set completely in the refrigerator.
- To prepare the custard: Dissolve the custard powder in about 1/4 cup of milk (room temperature/cold), mix well to form a smooth paste. Set aside. Boil in the remaining milk along with the sugar in a saucepan.
- Add the prepared custard paste in the boiling milk and heat further for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- To avoid the skin on top of the custard, place a parchment paper/ cling wrap on the surface of the custard before it sets. Refrigerate it until further use.
- To assemble: pour about 3 tablespoons of the custard over the set jelly, top with some strawberries.
I hope you enjoyed this simple vanilla custard with jelly, presented in a fancy way!
I would love to hear from you if you try it out! Please feel free to share your feedback with photos and suggestions to me at Tina.firstname.lastname@example.org