Homemade lemonade is so easy to make and taste sooooooo much better than anything you will find in the store. Although I do confess to loving that Simply Lemonade!
This watermelon lemonade is as simple and pure as it gets! Water, lemons, watermelon, sugar and mint!
Yep that’s it!
I just love the way fresh mint and watermelon get along .Every sip leaves your mouth cool and refreshed .It’s like a little bit of summer in a glass.
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon , chilled (2 lbs after peeling)*
- 4 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup fresh strained lemon juice , chilled
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (more or less to taste)
- Ice and fresh mint for serving
- Add watermelon to a blender and pulse until well pureed (there should be about 4 cups).
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a large pitcher whisk together water, lemon juice and sugar until sugar has dissolved. Stir in pureed watermelon.
- Stir in ice and mint (alternately add ice and mint directly to individual cups and pour lemonade over). Store in refrigerator.
*If you don’t have time to chill the ingredients then just use more ice in place of some of the water