Missi Puri is an Indian Rajasthani item that is prepared with wheat flour, gram flour, and coriander leaves and can be eaten with a Rajasthani sabzi of your choice.
This goes well with pickle or any sort of curry for an ideal feast. Thus, attempt to make this poori at home and appreciate with your family.
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 2 pcs green chili chopped
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp salt or as per taste
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp kasuri methi
- oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour, gram flour, green chilly, garam masala, crushedcoriander seeds, salt as per taste, chopped coriander leaves, kasoori methi and mix it well.
- Add oil and mix it well again.
- Gradually add water and knead a soft and smooth dough. Add water gradually so that doughdoes not become sticky.
- Cover the dough and keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour to get set.
- After half, an hour uncovered the dough and divide the dough into 11 equal portions.
- Take one portion of the dough, roll it between your palms and flatten it. Make all thedough in the same way.
- Take one portion of dough and roll it evenly all around just like poori. If the dough issticking on the platform while rolling then apply little oil and then roll.
- Roll all the dough in the same way.
- Heat oil in a pan, once oil is hot enough drop one by one rolled missi puris into thehot oil and fry on medium flame by pressing it with a spatula gently.
- Once puri puff up flip it over and fry for few seconds from another side too.
- Take out fried Missi Puris onto an absorbent paper.
- Fry all Missi Poori in the same way.
- Missi Puri is ready to serve.
- It goes well with vegetable curries, pickles or any chutney of your choice.