Dahi Puri (also known as Dahi Sev Puri or Dahi Batata Puri) is a very popular Indian street food where puri or golgappa is topped with various chutneys, masalas, boiled potatoes, fine sev, and yogurt. Make this Indian chaat using this simple recipe.
Chaats are pure love! No matter how much I resist, I can never control myself if there is a plate of Chaat in front of me, especially when it is Dahi Puri. Crispy mini shells or puris, stuffed with potatoes, chilled yogurt, and spicy tangy chutneys, this one is just a treat for your taste buds.
Sweet, sour, tangy, and spicy, this chaat is loaded with flavors and can be served for evening snacks or dinner. You can also make other chaat recipes along with it.
- 1 cup Yogurt (Chilled)
- 1 tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Ginger Juice
- 30-40 Golgappa Puri
- ½ cup Boiled potatoes (Mashed)
- ½ cup Boiled black gram / Kala chana (Soak for a few hours before boiling)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chaat masala
- ¼ tsp Roasted cumin powder
- ¼ tsp Red chilli powder
- ¼ cup Mint and coriander chutney
- ¼ cup Sweet tamarind chutney
- ¼ cup Nylon sev
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander (Chopped)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds
- Pass the yogurt through a mesh strainer.
- Add sugar and ginger juice and mix well until sugar dissolves.
- Mix salt, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder in a bowl and keep aside.
- Arrange the golgappe on a plate.
- Make a small hole in each golgappa with your finger.
- Fill small amount of boiled potato, black gram and moong in each gol gappa.
- Pour yogurt from top.
- Sprinkle little masala mixture that we made earlier over yogurt.
- Drizzle mint and coriander chutney and tamarind chutney on top.
- Now sprinkle some more masala mixture.
- Finally sprinkle nylon sev, coriander and pomegranate seed on top.
- Serve immediately.
- Try using fresh homemade yogurt to make Dahi puri. Sour yogurt doesn’t taste good in this dish.
- You can use either homemade puri or store-bought to make this dish.
- The consistency of the chutney should be a little thin so that you can drizzle them easily.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love