Cucumber raita is a popular savory condiment dip made with cucumber and curd (yogurt). It is simple, refreshing, and cooling to the palate. This cucumber raita recipe comes together in 5 minutes and tastes fabulous when paired with biryani, pulao, or any Indian meal.
Of course, we Indians like to spice it up with light sprinkles of roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, rock salt, or black salt and garnished with cilantro or mint.
- 1 cup grated cucumber or 1 medium-sized cucumber
- 1 cup Curd (dahi or yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder or as required
- salt as required, can add food grade rock salt or black salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- Rinse the cucumber. Then peel and grate it .
- You can also chop cucumber.
- In a bowl, whisk the curd (yogurt) until smooth.
- Add the grated cucumber to the curd.
- Add all the ground spice powders, salt as needed and chopped coriander leaves.
- Combine well and serve.
- You can garnish it with some coriander leaves or mint leaves and pomegranate arils .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love
2 thoughts on “CUCUMBER RAITA”
LikeLiked by 1 person