I absolutely love jamuns…their tangy, sweet and mildly sour flavour is something I wait for every summer .
Jamun Panna is a refreshing cooler recipe that not only looks beautiful but tastes yummy and soothes the body. Jamun has so many amazing benefits for our body and skin. A perfect recipe to try this season which can be served as a welcome drink.
Try my other jamun recipes JAMUN SHOTS EGGLESS JAMUN CAKE WITH JAMUN ICING /JAVA PLUM CAKE JAMUN RAITA/ JAVA PLUM OR INDIAN BLACK BERRY RAITA
- 250 gms Jamun Ripe and sweet ones.
- 2-3 teaspoons jaggery powder Optional or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala Namak
- 1/2 teaspoon Namak or taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Roasted Jeera Powder
- 4-5 teaspoons water
- Ice cubes as required
- Mint leaves as required
- Wash Jamun under tap water.
- In a vessel or a boiling pan, take Jamun, to this add 4-5 teaspoons water and jaggery. If Jamun is sweet, jaggery can be avoided.
- Let this Jamun, jaggery , and water cook on a medium flame till Jamun becomes soft and mushy.
- Once it becomes soft and mushy, you will see a beautiful color of Jamun.
- The seed will fall apart from the flesh. Switch off the flame. It takes 4-5 minutes to make this concoction.
- Let it cool down. Now sieve this mixture using a chalni or a strainer.
- Use a spoon to take all the extract/Jamun juice. If the pulp has come more juice, blend the pulp in blender one more time to take out whatever juice is left.
- Keep this juice in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Now add roasted cumin powder, salt, Kala namak, and lemon juice. Mix it well and serve it cool.
Garnish mint leaves and serve.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love