The taste of slow-cooked rabdi with lachchas of malai is heaven, and trust me nothing can beat the flavour of it.
Basically rabri is thickened sweetened milk having layers of malai or cream in it. its flavored with cardamoms, saffron with the addition of dry fruits like almonds and pistachios.
The preparation is easy but takes time. Milk is continuously simmered and reduced on a low flame till it reaches a semi thick consistency.
- 1-litre milk
- 100 gms sugar
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron (soaked in milk)
- Pistachio and almond shavings
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp milk and keep aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan after every 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the milk for 1/2 hours, until it is reduced to a quarter.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked in milk and rose water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the rabri in earthen pots for more flavour or else just transfer in a serving bowl.
- Either serve hot or chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love