Mango rabri recipe, an easy to make, traditional Indian dessert prepared with reduced milk, mango puree and fragrant saffron that is bursting with fruity summer flavors.
- 1-litre milk
- 100 gms sugar
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron (soaked in milk)
- 1 cup mango puree
- Pistachio and almond shavings
- Take a heavy bottom pan and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Soak saffron in 2 tbsp milk and keep aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and keep stirring and scraping the sides of the pan after every 10-12 minutes.
- Cook the milk for 1/2 hours, until it is reduced to a quarter.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked in milk and rose water and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the rabri in earthen pots for more flavour or else just transfer in a serving bowl.
- For the Mango Rabdi puree Mangoes with 1 tsp icing sugar in processor. Mix this puree in the rabdi mixture. Garnish with chopped Mangoes , pistachio shavings and serve.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Astha’s Kitchen on Facebook Astha’s Kitchen on Instagram
Like, share and spread your love