This is one such delicious dessert. The quick biscuit tart base, rather than the regular short crust, is quick and easy, yet doesn’t compromise on the taste. The texture of the crunchy biscuits goes extremely well with the custard, and jelly and fruits.
Its as simple as crushing the biscuits, adding melted butter, pressing it down on a tart tin, then baking it for 5 to 8 mins, which makes the base more delicious and crunchy.
I filled the tart with strawberry jelly and vanilla custard. One of my favourites in summers is a quick and chilled custard. I have made a regular thick custard for the recipe, which sets really well, once refrigerated.
you can also use my custard creme recipe if you are looking for something more light and fluffy. You can check out the recipe here: CLICK
Finally topped it with lots of fresh fruits and whipped cream .
I used weikfield custard powder and strawberry jelly for this recipe. https://weikfield.com/
Weikfield is India’s one of the leading brand for pasta ,Desserts and many more products.
Ingredients for the Biscuit Layer:
- 1/2 cup Butter (Salted)
- 3 cups Marie Biscuit , (made into crumbs using a food processor)
Ingredients for the Jelly Layer:
- 1 Jelly Mix , Strawberry flavoured ( I used weikfield jelly here)
Ingredients for the Vanilla Custard Layer:
- 5 tablespoons Custard powder
- 4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar , (extra if you like it sweeter)
Custard Jelly Tart Recipe:
- To begin making the Custard Jelly Tart Recipe we will first make the biscuit layer.
- Make crumbs of the biscuit using the food processor.
- Lightly grease a square 8 inch pan. Combine the biscuit crumbs and butter in a bowl.
- Using a flat spatula or a glass, press the crumb mixture into the base of the pan.
- Refrigerate the biscuit crust for 1 hour.
For Custard Layer:
- Place the custard powder, milk and sugar in a saucepan and stir well until the flour is dissolved well.
- Turn the heat to medium, stir the mixture continuously until the custard begins to thicken.
- Making sure there are no lumps formed.
- Once thickened, turn off the heat and allow the custard to cool completely.
For the Jelly Layer:
- Once the vanilla custard is cooled after it has been prepared, spread the custard
- Firstly make jelly about packet instructions and pour the jelly mixture
on top of the biscuit mixture and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- After a couple of hours when the jelly layer is set, pour the custard mixture on top of the jelly mixture and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours until the jelly has set completely.
- You could mix some fruits like pineapple into the custard to add more flavor and taste.
- Once the Custard Jelly Tart is set, cut the tart into small squares and serve.
- Serve the Custard Jelly Tart Recipe as a delicious Dessert during Kids Parties along with Cheesy Stuffed Schezwan Pav Recipe and Oreo Milkshake Recipe.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love