“EGGLESS CHERRY CAKE!
Fresh cherries are here, and there are so many recipes that I love making using fresh cherries. This eggless cherry cake is ine of my fav recipe .
Its so quick and easy , made using yogurt, which results in a soft cake with juicy cherries.”
The main ingredients in this recipe are yogurt and oil. That is what helps make the cake really moist & soft.
The batter is kinda thick, in comparison to any other cake batter, because you want it to hold the cherries, so that they don’t sink in.
You definitely need to pit the cherries, before using them in the cake.
You can mix it in the batter itself, or top the cake with cherries before baking for a beautiful top, like I did. Dust some icing sugar on top, and it can’t get better than that.
- 1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4th Tsp of Salt
- 1 Cup Yogurt
- 3/4th Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/4th Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup pitted Cherries”
- Sieve the dry ingredients together and keep aside.
- Whisk yogurt and sugar until the sugar completely dissolves. Add oil and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the dry ingredients to for a smooth batter along with half the pitted cherries.
- Pour the batter in your desired baking tray, and top it with more pitted cherries.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 mins at 180 degrees. Let it cool down, dust it with some icing sugar and Voila!!!!