“Pineapple fried rice recipe – simple & delicious lightly spiced fried rice made with fresh pineapple. A vegan dish.
Pineapple fried rice is an absolute favourite in my house. I quickly whipped this one up for lunch today. What I love about the addition of the pineapple is that it’s adds a burst of sweetness to break up the savoury flavour of the rice.
Fresh pineapple is the best bet for this recipe. though you can use canned ones too. I have used sriracha sauce In the recipe. Do use it if you have it. If not, then just add red chili sauce. You can always make this pineapple fried rice more or less spicy depending on your preferences.
- Rice – 3/4 Cup
- Oil – 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Mixed Veggie – 1/2 Cup (chopped)
- Salt – 3/4 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Red bell pepper – 1/4 Cup (diced)
- Cashew – 15
- Pineapple chunks – 3/4 cup (diced)
- Soya Sauce – 1 Tbsp
- First, cook the rice based on your desired method along with 1/2 tsp salt and keep aside.
- Heat a large pan with oil and add the ginger, garlic and white part of spring onion. Saute until translucent.
- Add the mixed veggies and give a quick stir. Add the remaining salt and red chilli flakes and saute in medium flame until the veggies are half cooked.
- Now add the red bell pepper, and pineapple chunks. Saute until the veggies are almost cooked. Add the soya sauce, give a mix and cook until the veggies are fully cooked.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan. Mix well until all the sauce and veggies gets coated with the rice. Saute for a minute and turn off the flame. Garnish with green part of spring onion.
- Enjoy hot.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen. I would love to hear your feedback.
Hate to miss a recipe? Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Astha’s Kitchen on Facebook Astha’s Kitchen on Instagram
Like, share and spread your love