An Indian festival is simply incomplete with Indian sweets. And the amount of sweets during these festivals is mostly overwhelming. A day or two after the festival when we try to find alternatives of what to do with leftover pedas and burfi. Because by this time, you are done with your quota of eating sweets.”
So just taking these sweets and giving them a makeover is just what you need. Garnish with dry fruits and enjoy.
- 100 gm Left over Sweets
- 125 gm All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 200 ml Milk
- In a bowl add broken pieces of leftover milk based sweet.
- Add hot milk to it and whisk it until dessert dissolves completely. Add cardamom powder and mix it.
- Now using a sifter, sieve flour, baking powder and baking soda all together directly into the mixture.
- With the help or a whisker or spatula, fold all the dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Meanwhile keep your oven for preheating at 180 C.
- Make a smooth batter. Add rest of the 100 ml milk and prepare a batter of pouring consistency.
- Make sure, there should be no lumps in the batter.
- Take a baking tin and line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the prepared batter into the tin and tap it on counter.
- Garnish the batter with sliced pistachios and bake it in preheated oven for 30 min.
- Once baked, take the tin out from oven and let the cake rest for 10 min.
- After 10 min demould the cake and slice to serve.
- Every ingredient in the recipe and its quantity has its own significance. Do not alter them.
- I have used Milk Pedas for this recipe. Feel free to use burfi and other milk-based mithai too.”
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love