Modak season is here ….
Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations cannot be complete without Modak. Modaks, as we all know, are favourites of not only Lord Ganesha but also his devout devotees. Try something different this year and make our Cashew paneer modak .
Cashew paneer modak can be prepared instantly. This tantalizing modak can be prepared for any festival or fast (vrat) very easily.
You also can shape like laddo or make barfi too.
- Cashew nuts – 1 cup (150 grams)
Milk – 3/4th cup
Paneer – 250 grams
Sugar – ¾ cup (150 grams)
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Pistachios – 10 to 12 (for garnishing)
silver leaves and some rose petals for decoration .
- For making the modak , soak the cashews in milk for 2 hours.
- After this grind the cashews along with milk in a mixture jar and make a fine paste.
- Also add sugar to the paste, followed with crumbled paneer. Churn again and make a fine paste.
- Mixture for making barfi is ready. Preheat a non stick pan. Add 2 tsp ghee in the pan and allow it to melt. When the ghee is hot, add cashew-sugar-paneer paste.
- Stir the mixture constantly and roast until it gets thick and dense in consistency. When the mixture gets thick in consistency and ghee starts separating from it then the mixture is ready.
- Now add cardamom powder into the mixture and turn off the flame. Take out the mixture is a greased plate and spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Now Shape them with modak moulds or hand, keep in a cool place.
- Decorate with silver leaves and rose petals .
- Store it in refrigerator and relish eating for up to a week.
- Stir the mixture well so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love