Cornflakes Chivda or Makai Poha Chivda or Makai No Chevdo, this dish is simple. It is prepared from yellow cornflakes. It is a quick Indian snack to be enjoyed at any time, perfect with tea or just munching.
Cornflakes Chivda mixture is very light and crunchy snack. It is very simple recipe made with minimal ingredients, which is easily available in your kitchen pantry. It is very easy Chivda compare to other savory snacks that made on Diwali time.
Here I have used the Variety of dried yellow colored cornflakes. These are deep fried to make the chivda. They are also known as Corn poha or makai poha. you get them easily in the grocery shops.
These are not the ready to eat cereal cornflakes. you can make this chivda, with the ready to eat cornflakes too. In this case you just need to lightly roast the cornflakes in a bit of oil. The dry fruits can also be roasted with some oil or without oil.
- 2 cups Raw Yellow Cornflakes/Makai Poha
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- ¼ cup Broken Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Raisin/Manuka
- 2-3 Green Chilies Chopped
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- ½ tsp Rock Salt
- ½ tsp Amchoor Powder
- Salt to Taste
- In a deep pan/kadhai, add oil for deep frying and heat it.
- Once hot enough, add makai poha into small-small batches and deep fry it, drain it using big frying sieve spoon and spread it on a kitchen paper absorbent towel.
- Now, fry peanut, cashew nuts one by one till golden brown, and then place it on the kitchen papper.
- Fry raisin, green chili, curry leaves one by one in same way and add over the fried cornflakes.
- Now, mix the all fried ingredients into the mixing bowl without breaking the poha.
- Sprinkle all spices, sugar, salt and mix it tossing it gently till all spices mix and coat very well.
- Cornflake Chivda is ready. Let it be cool down, then store into the airtight container and enjoy along with cup of tea as a snack.
- You can add other snack ingredients into the Chivda like sev, roasted dalia if you want.
- You can skip green chilies and coconut slices if you don’t like.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love