Rabdi is a traditional Indian dessert, made during the festivals or on special occasions. The milk is reduced to a creamy pudding texture and mildly sweetened. There is no short cut to a rich, creamy and luscious Rabdi recipe.The full fat milk needs to be slow cooked, and slowly keep collecting the layer of cream that forms at the surface.
Sitaphal Rabdi Recipe is a delicious and clever way of sweetening the rabdi with the de-seeded custard apple chunks. Well ripe custard apple is pretty sweet on its own, so you would not need any sugar to be added to the recipe. Serve the chilled.
Sitaphal Rabdi Recipe at the Diwali party menu at home the coming season and let your guest rejoice in its sweetness, may be along with other Diwali dessert like Paneer Gulab Jamun Recipe (Delicious Diwali Sweet) and a snack like Pan Fried Onion Pakora Recipe (A Perfect Diwali & Evening Snack).
If you like this recipe, take a look at more recipes like…MANGO RABRI RASGULLA RABRI PUDDING RABRI RABRI STRAWBERRY RABDI
1-1/2 liter Milk , full fat
3 Custard apple (Sitaphal) , de-seeded and pulp collected
1/4 cup Whole Almonds (Badam) , slivered
1/4 cup Pistachios , slivered
1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- To begin making Sitaphal Rabdi Recipe, de-seed the custard apples and collect the pulp in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pour the milk in a heavy bottom pan and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the cardamom powder and simmer the milk.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer till a thick layer of cream forms on its surface.
- Collect the cream on the sides of the pan and simmer the milk further.
- Keep collecting the thick layer of milk till the milk is reduced to a considerable amount.
- Once you collect all the thick layer of the cream, switch off the heat and transfer the collected cream to a big bowl and let it cool completely
- Add in the custard apple pulp, slivered almonds, pistachios and mix gently.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours before serving.Serve the chilled Sitaphal Rabdi Recipe at the Diwali party menu at home the coming season and let your guest rejoice in its sweetness
- Serve the chilled Sitaphal Rabdi Recipe .
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love