Eggless coconut cookies, crispy and crunchy coconut flavored cookies are very easy and quick to make at home which require a few basic cookie ingredients like flour, butter, sugar, baking powder and desiccated coconut.
If you are a coconut lover like me and want to munch on crispy cookies without eggs then this one is for you.
enjoy it with a cup of hot tea or coffee as a perfect afternoon snack.
- 1 cup Maida (all purpose flour/plain flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (salted or unsalted), at room temperature
- 2-3 drops of Vanilla Extract or (vanilla essence)
- 3/4 cup desiccated Coconut (dry grated coconut)
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Preheat the oven at 350 F (180 C) for at least 10 minutes. Take a large bowl and keep a large strainer over it to sift the dry ingredients (1 cup maida and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda). If you are using unsalted butter, add a pinch of salt.
- Sift them together.
- If powdered sugar is not available, grind granulated sugar (1/2 cup-2½ tablespoons) in the small jar of a mixer grinder (to make 1/2 cup powdered sugar) until smooth powder.
- Take 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup powdered sugar in another bowl.
- Beat them using a hand beater until creamy and smooth.
- Add 2-3 drops of vanilla extract or vanilla essence.
- Add 3/4 cup desiccated coconut. Mix well.
- Add sifted dry ingredients.
- Mix well with a spatula. If mixture looks dry, add 1 tablespoon milk (more or less, as needed).
- Mix well using your hands and knead into dough. If the dough looks very soft, cover it with a parchment paper and keep it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. Divide the dough into 20-22 equal small portions and make round shaped balls from it. Flatten each ball a little between your palms to give a shape like patty.
- Place them on baking tray. Place the baking tray on middle rack in preheated oven and bake it at 350 F (180 C) for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges of cookies have little golden brown color.
- Remove baking tray from the oven. The cookies will be soft at this time.
- Carefully lift the cookies with a spatula and transfer them on a cooling rack. Let them cool at room temperature. They will turn crispy and crunchy after cooling. Eggless coconut cookies are ready. Store them in an airtight container and enjoy.
- Make sure that butter is at room temperature (NOT completely melted butter).
- If you like soft and chewy cookies, bake them for 12-15 minutes instead of baking them for 15-18 minutes.
- You can use the 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup maida instead of using 1 cup maida.