Oats Jggery Cookies flavored with cardamom,cinnamon,nuts and free of refined suger. These cookies are eggless and make a nice treat with coffee and chai. simple, good for you stuff. I don’t claim these cookies to be super healthy or anything like that but these are so much better than store-bought stuff.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- ¾ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Butter / Ghee
- ¾ cup Jaggery Powder
- 2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ cup Nuts
- 4 Cardamom Pods
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick
- In a mixing bowl add ½ cup of soft butter. To this add ¾ cup of Jaggery Powder. Combine together until the butter and jaggery powder and creamed together
- To this add in 1 cup of Rolled Oats. Next, add in 1 cup of Wheat flour.
- Along with them add ¾ tsp of Baking powder and ¼ tsp of Salt. If using salted butter you can skip adding Salt now.
Using a spatula combine everything once. In a blender add in 4 cardamom pods, 1-inch cinnamon stick, ¼ cup mixed nuts, and blend to a coarse powder.
- Add 2 tbsp of milk and bring the cookie dough together. Finally, add in the coarsely powdered nuts and mix well. The cookie dough is now ready.
- Divide the dough and make equally sized cookies. Line a baking tray with Parchment paper and place the cookies. Preheat the oven at 180 Deg C and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 mins Or till the cookies are slightly crisp and brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool down completely and then store.
- Perfect for breakfast with some Milk or Tea.
- Keep well for a week at room temperature.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love