Light and easy Sweet Corn Soup – veggies like green peas, carrots make it more nutritious. It’s very lightly spiced and make a great soup for cold days.
Sweet corn and vegetable soup falls under the category of thick soup, as we have used corn-flour slurry to thicken the soup. The method of making this recipe is very easy, if you are looking for something to relish as a light meal or something light to consume as an evening snack this is the perfect recipe.
I usually make this for my kids for evening snack after they come back from school or classes and also when we prefer having a light meal for dinner.
I make my corn soup using sweet corn kernels. For the best flavors select fresh and ripe corn.
- 1 cup sweet corn divided, I used canned sweet corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil use oil of choice
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped (6 grams)
- 3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped (7 grams)
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrots
- 1/4 cup green peas frozen, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2 stalks green onions chopped, white & green parts separated
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- black pepper to taste
- salt to taste, around 3/4 teaspoon
- 1.5 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar or to taste
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup water
- To a blender add 1/2 cup sweet corn and 1/2 cup water. I have used canned sweet corn here. Blend to a smooth paste and set it aside.
- Heat a large pot on medium heat. Once its hot, add oil to it and then add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chili.
- Saute the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds and then add the carrots, green peas and green onion whites.
- Also add the remaining 1/2 cup of sweet corn along with the sweet corn paste that we had prepared earlier.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let the veggies cook on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Then stir in 3 cups of vegetable broth or water. Add black pepper and salt.
- Also add the white vinegar, soy sauce and sugar and mix to combine.
- Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 1/2 cup water. Stir well and then add to the pot.
- Stir and let the soup come to a boil. Lower the heat and let it simmer for 2-3 more minutes.
- Garnish the sweet corn soup with green onion greens and serve hot!
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love