Mathri also called as mathiya or mathari is a popular North Indian snack of savory, salty, flaky and crispy crackers made with all-purpose flour,.spices and seasonings.
Tried a different shape and it’s pretty easy to make.Perfect homemade snacks with teaThey look cute but definitely takes a lot of time to cook properly.
Here I show you to make the tasty and beautiful mathri.
- 1 cup All purpose flour –
- 2 tbsp Semolina –
- to taste Salt –
- 2 tbsp Clarified butter –
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds –
- 1/4 tsp Onion seeds –
- Oil – for frying
- Take a large bowl combine together all above listed ingredients except oil.
- The texture should be crumbly.
- Make a stiff dough with the help of water.
- Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Now roll the dough into thin chapati.
- Cut into a circle with cookie cutter or cup of the bottle.
- Now place three circle one by one and fold it and cut in the middle.
- Heat enough oil in a pan add rose mathri and deep fry till they become brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with tea.
Thank you for visiting Astha’s Kitchen
. I would love to hear your feedback. Hate to miss a recipe?
Follow my Facebook or Instagram page to stay updated!
Like, share and spread your love